August 22, 2016
According to the CNES-ISRO agreement:
- CNES is responsible for the production, archiving and distribution of near-real time altimetry products (OGDR: Operational Geophysical Data Record) and delayed-time products (GDR: Geophysical Data Record, IGDR, S-IGDR and S-GDR) to users outside India.
- Production of the mission preliminary and precise orbits is performed by CNES, from DORIS system data, completed by the laser system data for the precise orbit. The operational upkeeping of DORIS components and system is ensured by CNES.
- CNES uses EUMETSAT support for the operation of ground stations in Sweden, as well as to produce, archive and distribute near-real time products to users outside India.
- CNES supplies the near-real time data processor to EUMETSAT and ISRO, as well as a support for its integration, test and operation.
- CNES supplies the processor for delayed-time products to ISRO, as well as a support for its integration, test and operation.
- ISRO is responsible for the production, archiving and distribution to Indian users of near-real time and delayed-time altimetry products.
- ISRO is responsible for the command-control operations of the satellite.
- All housekeeping and scientific telemetry as well as auxiliary data are archived by CNES and ISRO.
- CNES and ISRO are responsible for the enhancement of product value and of the support to their respective users.
- CNES is responsible for the coordination of Altika with the other altimetry missions. The added value products of the DUACS system (Data Unification and Altimeter Combination System) generated by CNES are archived and distributed under CNES responsibility.
- CNES is responsible for the expertise and the long term CalVal.